With the conclusion of the 2021 Legislative session, public education was the recipient of substantial increases to the Weighted Pupil Unit (WPU) used to calculate state revenues allocated to districts based on student population. In the 2021 Legislative session, SB 1 Substitute was approved, providing a 6% increase on the WPU for the upcoming school year. The 6% included part of the educational funding removed in the 2020 special session when state budgets were reduced for projected revenue shortfalls relating to COVID-19. In the 2020 Legislative Special Session, educational funding was reduced from 6% on the WPU to 2.5%. This year the Utah Legislature restored revenue lost in 2020 and added an additional 3.5 % on the WPU for a total of 6%. Kane School District will be working over the next three months to create a budget for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year. We appreciate the support of education funding from the Utah Legislature and will be transparent and accountable to the taxpayers as the funding is allocated toward improving the education for our students.